Donate manuals to support hands-on STEM education in Ghana
"The PEN manual is my second Bible!" - 2022 beneficiary of PEN Hands-on training for STEM Teachers
PEN manuals make all the difference!
1.7 million students engaged in hands-on STEM learning
That's right! Because of your support over 1.7 MILLION children in Ghana, Rwanda and Liberia are engaged in learning!
In fact, we are celebrating the impact of PEN in a small, low-cost school in Kasoa (near Accra, Ghana). Every one of their students scored the highest grade on their national science exam. Watch video here.
The key to success?
Every one of their teachers was trained by PEN using the strategy outlined in the PEN hands-on STEM manual.
The PEN hands-on STEM Manuals are:
- Approved by Ghana's National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA).
- Aligned with the national curriculum.
- No-cost to low-cost approach for conducting STEM experiments.
- A step-by-step guide to teaching STEM practically with local materials
- Enhanced by outdoor activities for learners
- Inquiry-based and kinesthetic learning
- Localized STEM, sparking learners’ curiosity, and nurturing them to become problem-solvers
We need your help
To put the PEN hands-on STEM Manual in the hands of every teacher working in underprivileged schools in Africa. We aim to distribute 1,800 sets of manuals this year.
Each set contains one copy of both the Lower Primary and Upper Primary manuals, covering ALL topics in the primary school science curriculum
The cost is just $28 per manual set. That means your gift of $250 equips 9 schools – over 2,700 students will be engaged in active STEM learning.
Your gift unlocks the door African children to learn by doing.